Would you be willing to voluntarily increase yr sub to a level you can afford and you think CycleSheffield is worth?
At the June 2014 AGM
we decided to leave member’s subs for
Sep 1 2014 to Aug 31 2015
at the same level as they were for 2012-2013
These are below
£8 for all household members
£4 concessions student/unemployed.
If you’re an individual subscriber would you consider and be able to raise your sub to say £7?, £8?, £10? …£N?
and ditto for a household sub, would a sub of £9?, £10?, £12? …. £N? be affordable
and show recognition of and support for the work CycleSheffield does?
If yes pls amend yr standing order
or bung a bit more on a PP payment or write a larger amount on a cheque
(and if you don’t pay by standing order please consider doing it; it saves the membership sec and treasurer loads of time and you control the amount on it and the payment of it. Pls email firstname.lastname@example.org to get details)
If the experiment works then membership subs could stay at a minimum low level and each of us pays according to ability and/or your judgement of the value of CycleSheffield
Please read on ….
- We want low subs so we can be inclusive
- We do need subs because we have admin and campaign costs (and some of us think that something for free is not seen as having value)
- Your subs are our main income
- We have increased that income by recruiting more members (over 340 subscribers either household or individual which means approx 565 members)
- We are supplementing that income by selling T-shirts, S4C bags, badges and other stuff from which we make a small surplus – and we have unsold stock
- Some admin costs are not dependent on membership numbers but some are, eg cost of processing and posting membership cards
- Some affiliation fees are proportional to number of members
- We are producing more high quality publicity materials for our general use and for our campaigns which are costing more
- We are sending more members to national meetings
NB Members benefits are at http://www.cyclesheffield.org.
uk/2013/10/02/7715/ and are updated as and when we negotiate them.
One of the manin benefits is that one can join CTC as an affiliate members for £16pa and that gives you 3rd Party liability insurance, which we recommend cyclists should have.
Tony Cornah is now the membership secretary and available at email@example.com.
All the people who labour for CycleSheffield do it voluntarily
… and if you really want to know
We are running a deficit budget this year as we had a reserve of approx £2000 which we thought was just too much money not doing v much
(and we earned this surplus from hosting a conference in 2011)
Our income creates a tiny revenue budget and we are now monitoring our spend quarterly so by the end of the third quarter (Dec 31 2014) we can get a feel for what our ‘PnL’ will be
The AGM Annual report has a statement on this and a link to our financial statement and budget http://www.