Notice to members
Thu 12 June 2014
Start 7 pm social time in the bar
AGM Start 8 pm
Rutland Arms, Brown St, S1 2BS
Please come along to hear what we’ve done this last year & how we’ve spent your money
and what we’re intending to do over the next year.
We will also be looking for members to join us on the committee.
- Apologies & introductions
- Minutes of last AGM
- Reports from the Officers – what we’ve done and what we may do
- Approval of CycleSheffield Constitution – we don’t have one, but need one if we want to develop as an organisation, e.g. charitable status. The
we are asking members to approve is here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q_VAxJtUqcBOA2sY60npvjzzjOxkqcFmy7OO6K3fyGw/edit?usp=sharing NB we have incorporated our resolution of grievances procedure
- Election of 2014/15 officers & committee members . If the constitution is accepted then we need a Secretary, a Treasurer, a Membership Secretary and a Trustee PLUS 5 other committee members who can do things like research, managing our IT, publicity, manage our campaigns and events schedule – we don’t have specific named roles but will write job descriptions to suit volunteers strengths. A Chair can be elected from within the committee. Nominations to me firstname.lastname@example.org as and when up to Wed 11 June – you can even put yourself forward at the meeting (and we promise not to twist your arm if you attend!)
- Financial statement see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KE84UgeerNeRA1KkS5WEzBzCNVhceOycPjrVGgytRb4/edit?usp=sharing
- Confirmation of membership fee – we do not intend to raise subs this year but we are going to ask members to voluntarily increase their sub for 1/9/2014 to 31/8/2015 and review subs during the next FY.
- AOB & date of next AGM
Everyone is welcome and if you do want to run for a committee position or suggest a formal motion, email me at email@example.com Looking forward to seeing you there.