Here is a request from Ruth Linden of Sheffield Harmony www.sheffieldharmony.org. She is planning a singing and cycling event for the Tour de France cultural programme and is looking for cyclists who would like to take part.
If you are interested will you contact her as soon as possible as she needs to get her proposal in to the programme by 5pm on 8th Feb, that’s this Saturday evening.
Contact Ruth at firstname.lastname@example.org
SINGING & CYCLING IN HARMONY!
A joyous musical celebration on wheels
Sheffield Harmony is bidding to run a singing workshop(s) as part of the cultural festival supporting the Tour de France. Participants will learn a cycling / celebration themed song, specially arranged to be sung in four part harmony, a cappella (no accompaniment) in barbershop style.
The workshop will culminate in a glorious performance on wheels!
– to celebrate & promote singing in harmony
– to celebrate & promote social cycling
– accessibility, participation, fun, social harmony, creativity, green credentials, sustainability, new skills, new experiences, broadening horizons
* ALL participants will be invited to join the initial singing workshops
* Those participants who are comfortable to do so will perform the musical number on wheels, unusual bikes very welcome
* Those participants who prefer a pair of shoes will provide back-up accompaniment from a fixed position
* It would be great if some singers who may not be able to cycle solo could take part on a tandem
* celebration performance to be videoed for varied future promotional purposes for all involved
a) half-day singing workshops to learn songs – indoor event for cycling and non-cycling participants
b) 2/3 hour cycling experience opportunity for ‘non’ cyclists singers to prepare for ‘singing and cycling in harmony’ finale
c) 1 hour (?) ‘Singing & Cycling in Harmony’ performance for all
Proposal – repeat of ‘Singing & Cycling in Harmony’ performance for all
Would you be interested?
Ruth is looking for cyclists who would like to take part, especially if you would be willing to support less confident cyclists in the preparations, and she would particularly like to hear from Tandem pilots who would be willing to take on a singing co-pilot from Sheffield Harmony for the event. One aim of the event is to raise awareness of different kinds of bikes and approaches to cycling and emphasise accessibility.