I’ve been in contact with Go Sky Ride today.
There will be Sky Rides in Sheffield starting in summer of 2014.
The date they will start is still to be negotiated between the Council and Go Sky Ride.
The specific programme and the area it will cover is still to be decided as well.
Sky Ride will talk to anyone who has ideas for routes or routes already done etc
and I have extended an invitation to them to come and talk with us at a CycleSheffield meeting
- Meanwhile they want to start recruiting a ‘Sheffield’ team of Sky Ride leaders
- The training course is free and takes one day.( I did it back in 2009 and led some Sky Rides in Manchester)
- On successful completion you get a British Cycling Ride Leader qualification.
- Ride leaders: have some admin to do; work with other ride leaders; should know the route; be able to do safety checks on bikes; be able to do some basic bike maintenance and 1st Aid.
- Ride leaders get: qualified; free membership of British Cycling; free Sky Ride kit; a payment for every ride they take part in.
- The payment is small and not a career salary; the essential qualities are enjoying cycling and getting others enthusiastic about cycling.
- So click on the link below and send in an expression of interest
ShowArticle/Become-a-British- Cycling-Ride-Leader?retURL=% 2FNews
and if you ride in a club or group with friends and colleagues who may be interested please pass the message on
and let me know by email where you have sent it on – ta!