We want a people-friendly Sheffield where people of all ages and abilities have the freedom to get around by bike.
Safe, convenient and enjoyable space for cycling, which you can use whatever your age or ability.
- Protected space on main roads and through junctions.
- Prevent through-traffic on residential roads and lower speed limits.
- Safe walking and cycling routes to schools.
A people-friendly city is a cycle-friendly city
A comprehensive and high-quality cycle network
- A direct, safe and convenient network of fully-protected cycleways which connect homes, workplaces, shops and leisure areas.
- Cycle routes in parks and green spaces to complement a cycle-friendly road network.
- Cycling integrated with public transport with cycle hubs at transport interchanges.
- Cycle parking in public spaces and public facilities.
We believe Sheffield will be a better place to live for everyone if we make these changes to our city so that cycling can become a normal, convenient and enjoyable way to travel.
Love Both – For a cycle-friendly and people-friendly city